Officially the first citizen of India and the supreme commander of Indian Armed forces, the president is not more than a rubber stamp.
Since it is symbolically important to the image and nature of the nation, it reflect the ruling regime and also the electoral fallacy or electoral wisdom.
Last president, allegedly a cook of Gandhi dynasty, reflected India's timid and remote controlled image for 5 years.
Today, new president election results are to be declared. And to keep its tradition, UPA is making another dynasty loyalist Pranab who has a long history as crooked!
Here are some of his hight level corruption charges:
1. He was holding 'office of profit' at the time he filled nominations.
2. Shah commission, which was made to examine the culprits of Emergency 1975, found Pranab as one of the main power exploiter.
3. As per Frontline: "The commission noted in great detail that Pranab had played a great role in unceremoniously removing T.R. Varadachary as State Bank of India’s Chairman without citing any reason and appointing K.C. Puri in the post. Puri happened to be a close aide of Sanjay Gandhi. The Shah Commission also noted that Pranab, as the Minister of State for Revenue, played a major role in bypassing official procedure during the Emergency to target people who were known for their anti-Congress politics." His decisions and actions during the Emergency (1975-77) were anti-democracy and he harassed the other parties.
4. As per Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Pranab scammed a whopping Rs. 60,000 crores from Indian treasury to benefit Reliance Power.
5. In his another anti-democratic and anti-Indian move, Pranab saved the culprit of Navy War room leak.
6. `Mukherjee's name was involved in the controversy surrounding the scam. This was a huge scam to the tune of Rs 2,000- Rs 2,500 crore, in which the then commerce minister Kamal Nath was also involved. Twenty lakh tonnes of rice was exported to a third country under the pretext of supplying it to African nations as part of hunger alleviation projects,'' ~ Arvind Kejriwal
7. And his mightiest blow to the nation was the Economic Crisis of India and outpouring European and US economy.
Many more serious crimes Dada did to serve the welfare and strong hold of Gandhi dynasty. His loyalty is being rewarded at the cost of nation.
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel